Races

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Welcome

I'm starting this blog to chart my progress as I attempt to balance mothering, my job, and my new found sporting passion - triathlon. I have a 17 month old little boy who is just a sweet, sweet darling. Our style of parenting is very hands on - loosely 'attachment parenting' which means that we tend to co-sleep, breastfeed beyond a year, no crying it out, cloth diaper, and so forth. I also work full time as a professor. This past year I became chair of the department so I'm busier than ever... So I thought it would be a good time to do a triathlon!

I did my first one in September - The Pumpkinman Sprint - and I had a wonderful time.

But it's very difficult to strike a balance with so many demands: up a lot in the night, early morning workouts (before Rafi gets up), work all day, playing with Raf, etc. And even though it's ALL good stuff, it can be really challenging to get workouts in especially when the work is piling up and Raf is teething.

This week has not been great in terms of getting workouts in, but I'm so lucky to have a supportive husband. We're from the UK (living in the US) so have no family to help out, so having a husband who understands what training and working out gives me is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment